I want to take a moment to highlight just ONE of Shakeology's COOL INGREDIENTS.
Did you know that Chia Seeds…
1. Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients with Very Few Calories? 1 ounce of chia seeds contains:
• Fiber: 11 grams.
• Protein: 4 grams.
• Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s).
• Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
• Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
• Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
• Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
• They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
2. Chia seeds are high in antioxidants which help fight the production of free radicals, which can damage molecules in cells and contribute to ageing and diseases like cancer.
3. Chia seeds are high in quality protein, much higher than most plant foods. Protein is the most weight loss friendly macronutrient and can drastically reduce appetite and cravings.
4. A study in type 2 diabetics showed that chia seeds can significantly lower blood pressure and a marker for inflammation.
Isn’t that cool??? And that’s only ONE of the MANY INGREDIENTS in Shakeology. My husband and I have been drinking Shakeology for the last year as a great way to get our vitamins, probiotics, and daily dose of superfoods in, like Chia Seeds. I LOVE that I can actually read the label and know that it's REAL FOOD.