Last month, I lost 14 lbs and 12 inches. Woot woot! Very exciting. This second month was tough. Along with my fellow Biggest Loser competitors at work, I was finding it much harder to lose weight in the second 30 days. I pushed through though, and I never gave up or lost sight of my end game. I realized quickly that I was going to have to mix it up in order to keep getting results.
Here are the some of my Favorite Takeaways from this month that Helped Me Lose Weight:
- New Workouts - As I mentioned last month, I get bored easily, so I made sure to keep mixing it up. I tried out new workout programs and continued to challenge myself. I, on a couple occasions, even fit in two workouts a day, but I always scheduled it ahead of time and made it a priority. If you do not plan it, it will not happen. Do not say you are going to "try" and work out. When you say "try" then you have already given yourself an out. It is a weak statement. Instead just say "I am going to workout."
- Accountability Partner and Group Support - This one was a huge one. I do not know where I would be without my accountability partner and group support. I joined an accountability group where I not only messaged my partner everyday about my progress, how I was feeling, my wins for the day and what I was struggling with, but I was also posting my workout pics on Facebook and tagging my partner as proof that I did them. The group provided inspiration and constant encouragement to keep going. I will sometimes let myself down, but something about letting down my group felt different.
- Sleep - I LOVE sleep AND it is super important when it comes to weight-loss. My sister has gone as far as tracking how much sleep she gets in addition to her food diary, and the results show that the more consistent sleep she got, the more weight she lost. Plan ahead and make sure you can get to bed at a decent hour. I know I personally fought it for a while because it made me feel old. Now I just accept that it does the body good, and if I want energy and weight loss then I need to go to bed at a decent hour.
- Sleep Time App - You might have read in my last post that I have been getting up at 4:45am everyday to work out. It is true, and amazingly enough, my body has adjusted and almost gotten used to it. What helps immensely though is this cool Sleep Time App that I downloaded for free. My sister actually turned me onto it. She told me you just turn it upside down next to your pillow, and it knows when you are in deep sleep versus light sleep. Given this information, it makes sure to wake you up when you are in light sleep by using this gentle music. My husband swears he cannot even hear it. As an alarm, it is the most graceful one I have ever had, and it makes waking up at the crack of dawn a lot easier.
- Nutrient Dense Shakes - I was already drinking fruit smoothies in the morning with my husband. One, because they are easy, and two, so I would not have to think about it. I recently found a nutrient dense shake that I cannot get enough of, and it has so many vitamins and nutrients in it that I do not even have to take a multivitamin anymore. I start the day off with one of these everyday now. The flavors are great, and it keeps me full. That is a win if you ask me.
- A Strategic Plan - This was probably one of the most important factors along with having an accountability partner and support group. I had a meal plan that I tailored for my specific needs, and I would grocery shop for the week to make sure I had healthy choices to eat. I also knew what workouts I wanted to do and purposely planned out my cardio and strength training. I do not know about you, but I like having a plan to follow. It takes out the guess work and ensures that you get the results you want.
Now, it is obviously a journey, and if you want the results to stick, then it needs to be a lifestyle change. If you have been following me, then you know that I am part of a Biggest Loser competition at work as well. I am excited to announce that I won the 60 Day weigh in! In the last 60 days, I have lost 20.4 lbs and 13.51% of my body weight! We have one more final weigh in next month. Wish me luck!
I have been so inspired by this journey and the success that I have. I am SUPER EXCITED to announce that I will be co-hosting my own accountability groups to help others start or continue their weight loss journey. Whether you are just starting out or trying to shed those last 10 lbs, let me know. I believe in making people smile and have LOVED my own experience doing these programs with the help of others.
Are you INTERESTED IN GETTING SIMILAR RESULTS?
To participate in one of my EXCLUSIVE GROUPS and make me your Coach, APPLY HERE.
You Might Also Enjoy:
|How to Lose Weight - Part 1|
|What is an EAP?|
|How to Contact a Recruiter on LI|
|Why You Need an About.me|