My baby girl turned one this month. Everyone says it AND boy is it true, but time sure flies!
We had a wonderful party. Pictured above are some of my favorite details.
I am guessing you are reading this post because you either follow me already (I LOVE YOU BTW) OR you are looking for birthday ideas for your little one. Either way, I think it is best if I just dive in and share where I got everything:
Doc McStuffins Party Ideas for Your Baby Girl's First Birthday:
- Cupid Kabobs - Super easy to make. I wanted a healthy and visually appealing alternative to the fruit salad. Enter these adorable cupid arrows made of strawberries, blueberries, and cuties.
- Funnel Cake Cupcakes - What a dream! These darlings were made by a dear friend and were super delicious. Especially dangerous since she made them bite-size. I think I had at least 10. Yikes! Highly recommend though. I loved that they were fun and different.
- Hot Air Balloon - Inspired again by Pinterest, I set out to recreate this mini hot air balloon. I bought the basket at Michaels and the tulle, ribbon, and balloons at Party City. Very easy to make and a memorable photo, I think! :)
- Baby Girl's First Birthday Outfit - Ordered this outfit on Etsy! Definitely had to plan ahead since the maker seems to be in high demand, but it was well worth it.
- Flower Headband - Another Etsy find and Kaelani amazingly wore it the entire length of the party. I liked it because, unlike the outfit, I knew I could use the headband again for other special occasions.
- Favorite Things Chalkboard Canvas - Probably something I will never use again BUT I still LOVED it. It was so fun to display at her birthday party, and it is a beautiful keepsake to remember all her favorite things at this precious age.
- Custom Doc McStuffins Cake Topper - I was not blown away by the quality on this one (I think I was expecting more vibrant colors) but I thought it served its purpose. My friend made this delicious banana cake and was able to easily transfer this image on top with Kaelani's name. I did feel like it was a nice touch to have it say her name.
- Colorful Pom-Poms - I bought these Martha Stewart pom-poms at Michaels. In hindsight, I do not think I needed them, but they did make for a nice photo op. The pops of color were gorgeous.
- Dr. Seuss Happy Birthday to You Book - I used this as a creative guest book. I had each guest sign it and leave Kaelani a message. I thought it would make a great keepsake, and I think it worked out really well.
- Desktop Plaque of Baby's Monthly Photos - And as I mentioned in my last baby post, I ordered this plaque on Shutterfly to display her monthly baby photos. I loved how it turned out and feel like it is a nice durable keepsake, as opposed to my original idea of printing out the photos and clothes-pinning them to some string, as I had seen here.
Overall, I felt like it was a hit. Hope you enjoyed this proud mamma moment of mine. I know I found a lot of inspiration on Pinterest and Etsy. I hope this post will inspire some new ideas for your baby's first birthday party. If you would like some more ideas, then please feel free to follow me on Pinterest.
You Might Also Enjoy:
|Baby's First Birthday Party Check List|
|How to Write a Resume|
|How to Lose Weight While Working|
|Baby Halloween Costumes|